Thursday, March 16, 2017

Cancer Survivor.....Go to the Beginning...Find Me ...Find Yourself...and Rise

I have over 600 posts here and have cancer almost 16 years.....I have been typing since 2009....

Someone asked me today why I fight so hard for myself and others....

I would suggest that you go back and read from the beginning moving forward.  It is there that you will find me.....the cancer side of me.....

That person that had about 15 major abdominal surgeries....2 chest ports, 2 stomach ports, 2 chest tubes, a pic line....about 6 chemos and immunotherapy... and a heart attack in 2015 where I died and then woke back up....known as a miraculous recovery......and last not least....video assisted thoracic surgery known as VATS....oh and SBRT radiation to my lung, ribs...

I am not sure my kids remember me without cancer. 

I have seen people go without food for their care or for their loved ones.....homes lost....no money for rent in a timely fashion....

I watched a 24 year old kid melt away because he never bought insurance and died of a Sarcoma.  All he could get was Medicaid at the time ....there was no ACA and he died ...a young man working his way through college and waiting tables .....his entire life ahead of him.  Dead because of sub standard care.

I encounter everyday sick folks not understanding how any insurance works or does not work....I know many who understand it and still it does not work...

So Congress I could go on forever with real life cases....don't care what you call it ....get our healthcare to work for all....for all of us.....We are watching....no more lies....no more pay offs...no more bullshit.

For my 60th birthday in June.....I may just carry a sign and sit at your door step ....the steps of Congress....with my sign...I am coming ...maybe some folks will come with me?

Join me tomorrow in a Facebook Live Event in Treat Your Healthcare Like a Business...9am Pacific Time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your message will be sent to moderation and then accepted. It could take up to 24 hours. Thanks for your participation. Last time I accepted comments without moderation it was a mess...thanks for waiting a bit!