Sunday, December 6, 2009

Pazopanib/Congress

Did you ever wonder who names these new drugs?  Yesterday I started taking pazopanib.  This is a brand new drug by Glaxo Smith Klein. This is an anti-angiogensis drug.  It is designed to destroy the blood vessels that supply the tumor therefore ..killing it and saving me.  I hope this works. I could use a big miracle right now. 

The side effects range anywhere from just being tired all the way to the damaging of your heart and liver.  I have been experiencing a slight kind of drunk feeling so far.  I would like it if that would continue for the next 4 weeks until I get scanned once again....it may make the next weeks easier :)...I also have not been drunk since I was in my twenties so it may be fun!!!  If my writings become a bit strange, please let me know. :)

Pazopanib has shown good results for kidney cancer and encouraging results for my kind of cancer.  So now I have the honor of being the guinea pig and seeing if this will work for others like myself.  We could use a good drug as there are not many options after surgery for people like me. 

I saw on the news today that Congress was working the "weekend" to get their healthcare bill going...why is it such a big deal when Congress works on the weekend?  What the hell was going on all the years before?  We elect them and I do believe that they are many years late in doing anything....they should be working weekends!!!  Where has the effort been all of these years and why do people wait for a crisis before they get anything done!?

As far as I am concerned there is absolutely nothing "special" about Congress working the weekend!  Do it more often.  And work more in cooperation. 

1 comment:

  1. Pazopanib (brand name Votrient) is a powerful and selective multi targeted sensory receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor of VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2, VEGFR-3, PDGFR-a, and c-kit that blockings tumor development and reduces angiogenesis.

    ReplyDelete

Your message will be sent to moderation and then accepted. It could take up to 24 hours. Thanks for your participation. Last time I accepted comments without moderation it was a mess...thanks for waiting a bit!